cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Re: abstract entities, inheritance, etc.
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 06:51:09 GMT
This was with a SelectQuery already.

Just verified that you're right: this is a problem with my qualifiers.

The column type is varchar.  I was trying to map the object property
as an enum.  But I wasn't sure how to specify the qualifier, so I
tried as:

entryType = 'ENUM_CONST_NAME'

Which failed.  When I changed the java type of entryType to string,
cayenne properly instantiated the subclasses.
So I suppose that raises the question of whether we support enum-
mapped properties as the discriminators, and if so, what's the proper
syntax for specifying the enum constant in the qualifier field?

Robert