cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Query on uncommitted DataContext
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:16:52 GMT

On Apr 26, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Markus Lux wrote:

> Some time ago I used to work with EOF and I have in mind that this
> behaviour
> was the default.

I don't think it was a part of EOF (maybe Wonder extensions?). But I
could be wrong. Last time I used EOF for non-toy projects was ca. 2003.

> So I thought it could be accomplished in Cayenne, too. But that
> apparently isn't the case.

Correct. Cayenne queries match against the committed state of the
objects. I personally never found it useful to query uncommitted
state. Maybe you can elaborate on a use case when you'd want to
include uncommitted object state in the results? Maybe this will
inspire a future implementation.

Andrus