cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Francois Eyl <f...@smaeur.com>
Subject Re: EJBQL and parameters
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:44:16 GMT
Robert, thanks for your advises, appreciated.
I finally made my own EJBQLTemplateQuery using velocity. This works for me.

Still, I'm intrigued by the idea of being able to directly script
> EJBQLQuery.  Anybody else think that's interesting? If there's a favorable
> consensus, I'll add an issue and assign it to myself.

I'm not requesting changes in Cayenne for EJBQL scripting, I was just
checking if cayenne did not provide it by default to not reinvent the wheel.
But I'm not against too :)

Andrus,

I am not necessarily against it, but my own priority would be to make
> SelectQuery-like type-safe object API for EJBQL as an alternative to String
> concatenation.

I would love that! Better than scripting EJBQL queries. That's the thing I
was looking for a long time :)

Thanks guys for your help.
Francois