cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Re: Validation
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:38:27 GMT
Constraint information is available by examining the ObjEntity and
DbEntity objects corresponding to the given object class.
I used this in the tapestry5-cayenne integration  module (t5cayenne)
to have tapestry automatically pick up the relevant data constraints
Note: currently, t5cayenne supports the required constraint for any
field type, the maxlength constraint for only string types, and no
other constraints.  This is due to what I was interested in supporting
at the time I wrote it rather than to some fundamental limitation; any
remaining constraints will likely be added at some point in the
future.  All of those caveats notwithstanding, you can take a look at
the code for ideas:

http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-cayenne/source/browse/trunk/tapestry5-cayenne-core/src/main/java/com/googlecode/tapestry5cayenne/services/CayenneConstraintGenerator.java

Robert