cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Slow Return on Paginated SelectQuery
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 01:47:59 GMT

On 13/04/2009, at 10:42 AM, Paul Logasa Bogen II wrote:

> I have a table with ~683k entries in it. I have a maintenance task
> that requires me to hit every entry. Since I know the results are
> much too big to return all at once, I've set the page size to 50.
> However, Cayenne appears to be attempting the full query first
> before falling back to paging. This is taking nearly half an hour
> for it to fall back, at which point everything works flawlessly. Is
> there a way to force the query to be paginated or to reduce the
> timeout on a query?

We use paged queries on tables of 150,000 records and they take only
about 2-3 seconds for the first query to grab the primary keys. I
think you should increase the logging level and figure out what is
happening for those 30 minutes.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001