cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Paul Logasa Bogen II <...@tamu.edu>
Subject Slow Return on Paginated SelectQuery
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:42:32 GMT
I have a table with ~683k entries in it. I have a maintenance task that
requires me to hit every entry. Since I know the results are much too
big to return all at once, I've set the page size to 50. However,
Cayenne appears to be attempting the full query first before falling
back to paging. This is taking nearly half an hour for it to fall back,
at which point everything works flawlessly. Is there a way to force the
query to be paginated or to reduce the timeout on a query?

plb