cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Weddle, Anthony" <Anthony.Wed...@bluescopesteel.com>
Subject RE: Reengineering Overwrites
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 21:00:00 GMT
Wow, the speed of response on this list is awesome!

My apologies. The documentation is not clear on this and I didn't
explore enough. I was expecting bot "To DB" and "To Model" operations to
appear and didn't realise that I had to change the direction by clicking
the appropriate cell. (By the way, after running the migrate, I might
have to save, close project and open project to see all of the changes -
this was needed after adding a DB table, for example.)

Migrate looks like what I need, much better than re-engineering each
time. My only quibble is that the process is very manual, though that
probably won't be a problem for most changes we do. I have seen the odd
extensive change that we've made and that could take a while to migrate,
though it is very rare. The DB-map comparison is also very slow. This is
not a problem except that Modeler gives no indication that the
comparison is going on - when I click "continue" on the first dialog of
Migrate the dialog disappears and the whole window becomes unresponsive
with no indication that something is happening. It took about a minute
for the operations selection dialog to appear; I thought the application
had frozen.

Thanks for the responses. Migrate looks good.

Cheers,
Tony