cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Weddle, Anthony" <Anthony.Wed...@bluescopesteel.com>
Subject Reengineering Overwrites
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:18:47 GMT
We occasionally make database schema changes. We also modify some of the
attributes of ObjEntity entries. It looks like a reverse engineering run
would ignore any changes to ObjEntity entries. Is there any way to have
changes merged?

With Hibernate, we use middlegen to generate the classes, directly from
the database schema. But there is an indermediate step that allows us to
modify such things as relationship cardinality and directionality,
superclasses, ID generation strategy and extended types. These changes
are stored in an XML file so that they are read and used in the next
middlegen run. Is there a way to have such local customisations retained
with Cayenne Modeler?

The point may be moot, however, as reverse engineering the databases
doesn't seem to overwrite existing classes, anyway, instead generating a
new class with the name suffixed by a number.

Cheers,

Tony

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential,
legally privileged or proprietary.  It is intended only for use by the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error. Any dissemination,
copying, use or re-transmission of this message or attachment, or the disclosure of any information
therein, is strictly forbidden. BlueScope Steel Limited does not represent or guarantee that
this message or attachment is free of errors, virus or interference.

If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message.  Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of BlueScope
Steel Limited.