cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Weddle, Anthony" <Anthony.Wed...@bluescopesteel.com>
Subject RE: General queries
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:27:27 GMT
Thanks, Andrus. I'll take a look at EJBQL and may have to revisit
SQLTemplates. It's not that the latter is scary, just that it appears to
be native SQL, rather than being able to used property paths and class
or object entity names. We're using an ORM framework to avoid native SQL
wherever we can, so wouldn't want to switch to a framework that forced
us back to more of it.

One of the main problems I'm having is that there is so little
documentation, books and articles about Cayenne. Is there a fairly
comprehensive list of publications (not necessarily books) on Cayenne?

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 April 2009 5:46 p.m.
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: General queries

Cayenne 3.0 includes support for EJBQLQuery which seem like you what
you need here:

   http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/ejbqlquery.html

We are following the JPA syntax per JSR-220
(http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr220/index.html
). At does support aggregates, separate columns, subqueries, etc.
Anything not supported by the EJBQLQuery will indeed require a
SQLTemplate, which is not as scary as it sounds.

Hope this helps.

Andrus

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential,
legally privileged or proprietary.  It is intended only for use by the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error. Any dissemination,
copying, use or re-transmission of this message or attachment, or the disclosure of any information
therein, is strictly forbidden. BlueScope Steel Limited does not represent or guarantee that
this message or attachment is free of errors, virus or interference.

If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message.  Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of BlueScope
Steel Limited.