cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: General queries
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:05:08 GMT

On Apr 8, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Weddle, Anthony wrote:

> One of the main problems I'm having is that there is so little
> documentation, books and articles about Cayenne. Is there a fairly
> comprehensive list of publications (not necessarily books) on Cayenne?

Unfortunately no. Cayenne developer community has always been lacking
in the area of self promotion. All the effort (intentionally or
subconsciously) went into the code and the bundled documentation. I
wrote a TSS introductory article many years ago. There was a print
article in a Japanese edition of JavaWorld ca. the same time. That's
the stuff I am aware of. Also there were a number of blog posts over
the years that I haven't been tracking too thoroughly. I would've
loved to see the wider community to fill this information gap, which
clearly exists and is hurting us (nested contexts, ROP, rich object
model... many people have no idea what they are missing, but I digress).

Anyways, you are free to ask any Cayenne-related questions here. This
mailing list has always been a reliable resource for support and
Cayenne ideas.

Cheers,
Andrus