cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Re: Can't delete in Cayenne 3M5 :(
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 18:00:13 GMT
Well... I don't use Click, but I do use deleteObject all the time with
no issues.
It looks like you're running into an API difference.  The 3.0 API was
relaxed from 2.0. In 2.0, deleteObject took an
org.apache.cayenne.Persistent.  In 3.0, it takes any java.lang.Object.

See: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/api/org/apache/cayenne/access/DataContext.html#deleteObject(java.lang.Object)

  (3.0)
and: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/api/cayenne/org/apache/cayenne/access/DataContext.html#deleteObject(org.apache.cayenne.Persistent)

  (2.0)

So, Click was compiled against 2.0 API, and you're supplying the 3.0
runtime, I presume?

Robert