cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Reengineering Overwrites
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 03:50:22 GMT

On 09/04/2009, at 1:18 PM, Weddle, Anthony wrote:

> We occasionally make database schema changes. We also modify some of
> the
> attributes of ObjEntity entries. It looks like a reverse engineering
> run
> would ignore any changes to ObjEntity entries. Is there any way to
> have
> changes merged?

You should make all the additions you need to the subclass. So you'll
have

_Artist.java

and then you modify

Artist.java

with your overrides.

However, you are able to specify ID generation strategy, superclasses,
relationships and extended types in the modeler. Is there something
specific you are wanting to do which you find missing in the modeler?

Regards
Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001