cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Markus Lux <markus....@gmail.com>
Subject Query on uncommitted DataContext
Date Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:27:21 GMT

Hi,

I've got a problem regarding queries on uncommitted DataContexts containing
new or deleted objects. If I insert a new object into a DataContext using
newObject(), this object won't show up in a SelectQuery. The result of this
query contains only persistent objects from the database but excludes the
new, uncommitted object. The same behaviour applies to the counterpart:
deleted, uncommitted objects will show up in such a query.

I did a bit research on that problem and stumbled upon an older post in this
mailing list where it has been suggested to use Expression.filterObject() to
accomplish a similar behaviour. Since this method is not present anymore, I
guess that it had been removed in Cayenne 3.

So how do I include/exclude the aforementioned, uncommitted objects in a
query?

Thanks, Markus