cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Murphy (www.strandz.org)" <ch...@strandz.org>
Subject Re: $ to Build a Rich/Desktop UI for an Open Source system based on Cayenne
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:56:06 GMT
Hi Eric,

I believe I could fit the bill as I am a Java Swing and more recently a
Cayenne programmer.

Here is my contribution to the Cayenne documentation:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/rop-spring-swing-example-application.html

Here is a working example of a rich client program written by myself:
http://www.strandz.org/wombat-memory/wombat-memory.jnlp

With the toolbar etc unfortunately the above application is starting to show
its age. The same program has been used for many years now to roster
volunteers for a homeless shelter here in Sydney. The demo is deployed via
Java Web Start which we no longer use in production. Instead the users just
follow a simple set of instructions to install the application. Having said
all that - it 'should' work for you.

As far as security is concerned the production application uses HTTP Basic
authentication. However as Spring Acegi security is used a stronger
authentication method could easily have been configured.

I am contactable via this email address and my phone number is in my
signature below.

- Chris Murphy

--
Seaweed Software Pty Ltd,