cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Dave Lamy <davel...@gmail.com>
Subject Importing DataMaps
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:39:44 GMT
Hey guys--

We have a number of different clients, each of which make use of a common
foundation of code.  I want each client's codebase to have its own
cayenne.xml, but import a common DataMap that would provide tables/classes
for global concepts (security role/user classes being a good example).  I
want that common DataMap to get mapped to the client specific DataNode so
that every client gets the same classes/tables but in their specific schema.

I tried creating a cayenne.xml file in the common codebase with just a
DataMap (no DataNodes, as the node is the client-specific schema).  This
worked fine, and I confirmed that I had a cayenne.xml and .map.xml file in
the directory.

I then opened a particular deployment cayenne.xml file in Modeller, and
tried to use the File/Import DataMap menu command.  I selected the common
DataMap file and got the following error:

"Error reading DataMap [timestamp] Can't find data map
/<path>/CommonMap.map.xml"

Not sure what I've done wrong.  Can anyone help point me towards a solution
here?  Is what I'm trying to do even valid?

Thanks for the help!
Dave