cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relationships without FK constraints?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:47:59 GMT
Yep, way back when I started, I didn't know any better, and my first
Cayenne project had no foreign key constraints in the database.    Nor
did it have any flattened relationships.   Works fine so long as the
software maintains the integrity.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Joseph Schmidt
<joseph_schmidt71@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I am curious: how are your
>> related-tables managed in a relational database without
>> FK's? Is there no RDB perspective in the design?
> The ORM does it. e.g. ActiveRecord for Ruby on Rails applications, or other ORMs/stacks
that work on similar concepts (and there are quite many lately).

> If I see, even Cayenne Modeler supports at generating the DB to skip the creation of
FKs. See the second checkbox from the following screen: