cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Relationships without FK constraints?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:22:29 GMT

> I don't reverse engineer often, but I
> believe if the constraints
> aren't defined in the DB, then the reverse engineering
> process has no
> way of knowing about the relationship,
Well, it could, based on the naming conventions: e.g.
"artist_id" from any table is a relation to "artists" table.
When doing reverse engineering there is the SmartNamingStrategy selectable, that I think is
supposed to do exactly this kind of convention based recognition.
At least from it's test class:
cayenne\framework\cayenne-modeler\src\test\java\org\apache\cayenne\modeler\util\SmartNamingStrategyTest.java

it looks like it's trying to test something in this direction.

Thanks,
Joseph.