cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Schmidt <joseph_schmid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Relationships without FK constraints?
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:10:16 GMT

> "Convention over Configuration" can be useful (and fast) in
> simple implementations (ex: JSP form assignments) but may
> still be a bit too "fuzzy" for the larger scaleable
> projects.
>
> These are my current opinions.  I am interested in how
> others look at it.
The main issue is however that the user is forced to use what it's there - e.g. "legacy" DBs,
or to schemes that belong to other applications too (e.g. RoR).
Convention over Configuration is however very used these days even in large projects, so it
would be a really great it Cayenne Modeler could simply pick them :).

Joseph.