cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Any way to check if object has really changed?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:16:32 GMT
Imagine you have Artist and Painting entities. You create a new Paining and
attach it to existing Artist, then commit. The Artist object is marked as
modified, so LifecycleListeners will fire for it, but in fact nothing
changed in DB table (ARTIST). Is there any way to check if object has really
changed? I suppose I could iterate through all attrs and simple to-one rels
during lifecycle event, and compare values with cached snapshot of the CDO,
but this seems to be an ugly way..

Thanks,
Andrey