cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Peredo <franciscoper...@tabasco.gob.mx>
Subject Re: Coming from EOF: Cayenne vs Hibernate
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:34:41 GMT

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your answers Robert and Mike, Robert was right, I was
looking for
short term/ temporary pk that can be apparently be obtained with
obj.getObjectId() for
cases where the object has not been persisted in to the database.

Seems like Cayenne could be a better fit for the way my mind works, but I do
require inheritance support on a level like the one available in
hibernate... do you know how far in the future is a full JPA 1.0 3 types of
inheritance support for Cayenne?

Another thing a really miss a lot from EOF are NestedEditingContexts... ( I
think they would be a perfect fit for Seam Conversations). Is there support
for them in Cayenne?

Regards,

Francisco