cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Cayenne support for quoting of identifiers
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:31:18 GMT
Folks, sorry for cross-post, but I figured this feature is critical to
many people, and warrants an early announcement.

We finally did it - Cayenne now supports optional db-specific quoting
of identifiers in the generated SQL (including queries, updates and
all DDL). Now you can use spaces and other special chars in the table
and column names (not that this is a good idea, but sometimes you have
no choice). Turning on quoting is done per DataMap in the Modeler.
Current behavior is backwards compatible - no quoting is a default.

This works on MySQL, PostgreSQL, HSQLDB and a few other DBs. Oracle,
Sybase, SQLServer testing will be performed in a couple of weeks.

This feature will go in 3.0M6, but if you want to try it right away,
you can build Cayenne from trunk or grab a build from Hudson (rev >=
746523, should become available in a couple of hours) :

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Cayenne/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/

Andrus