cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Commits not visible across contexts in ROP
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:30:01 GMT

On Feb 13, 2009, at 7:43 AM, Tarik Cherkovi wrote:

> How are people getting around it if at all?

Just to doublecheck, you are talking about separate client
applications running on different client machines?

Such synchronization works and is a part of the ROP design. It
requires a setup of a communication channel from the server to each
client to be able to do server "push". In the past I used XMPP
connection for that purpose (see example web.xml declarations here: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/remote-object-persistence-cws-deployment.html

  ). This requires running a separate XMPP server, but otherwise works
nicely.

A different transport can be plugged in, such as JGroups multicast if
all clients are on the same network, or Jetty 6 continuations, servlet
3.0 async communication. (I very much like to investigate the last
option with Jetty 7, just didn't have an occasion yet).

Hope this helps.
Andrus