cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject Re: problem with m:n relationship/inheritance
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:34:49 GMT
I was getting verification exceptions (note: "was"; I don't any more)
referring to "runtimeRelationship0", which I think is what you meant
by auto-reverse relationships. I had these in two different cases.

The initial case was the m:n mapping. In the meantime I don't think it
has specifically to do with m:n mappings either. The two object
entities involved in said mapping are subclasses, so I think it had to
do with inheritance, which is what CAY-1009 seems to be about. I fixed
this one by removing the "mandatory" option on the appropriate
attribute, as suggested in CAY-1009.

The second case was another use of inheritance. It went away after I
went with the modeller through the entire inheritance tree and removed
relationships which weren't relevant from the root class. I think that
was my ignorance. The difficulty that I had was in working out what
"runtimeRelationship0" referred to. It would be more helpful for the
naive and the ignorant like me if the exception text referred to the
"auto-reverse relationship of X".

I'm conscious that this won't help you much and that I am something of
a bull in a china-shop at the moment. But the more I use Cayenne, the
more I like it. And I appreciate your support, which I find exemplary.

Steve