cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Commits not visible across contexts in ROP
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:12:23 GMT

On Feb 13, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Tarik Cherkovi wrote:

>> used XMPP connection for that purpose (see example web.xml
>> declarations
> here:
>> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/remote-object-persistence-cws-deployment.html
>>  ).
> This requires
>> running a separate XMPP server, but otherwise works nicely.
>
> I added the configuration to my web.xml but I don't notice a
> difference.
> What does the server actually send to the client?  Is there a way to
> check
> that it's doing it?
>
> Thanks for your support and help on this.  I really appreciate it
> and hope I
> can come up with a solution as I am a bit in a crunch trying to go
> live but
> hitting this.

You will need a separate XMPP server running outside the web
container. Strange that you don't see any client errors. Can you send
a piece of web.xml where you set it up?

Also on a local network JavaGroups communication channel is probably
one of the best options, as it requires zero setup.. don't have
examples handy. I may need some time to figure how to set it up.

Andrus