cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Νίκος Παράσχου <nipar...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create Meaningful Primary Keys?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:35:46 GMT
Hello,

It is the first time I am using cayenne and I have some questions
regarding the primary keys.

What I want to do is select some rows of a table where the PK has a
specific value. The problem is I can't access the PK. I can specify
qualifiers only with the non-PK columns. The PKs I am using have some
meaning (they are not just numbers) so it is very important to be able
to use them.

How can I add the PK to the fields of the Object Entities?

In this page http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/primary-key-generation.html
the answer is to create a Meaningful Primary Key.

How can I create Meaningful Primary Keys?

Are there any security issues when using Meaningful Primary Keys?

Thank you for your time,
Nikos