cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: JPA Question
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:53:36 GMT
Hi Chad,

First a piece of important information on JPA & Cayenne. We don't have
sufficient resources now to finish a compliant provider in 3.0.
Passing Sun TCK is the only legal way for us to include a provider in
the *final* release of 3.0. So JPA won't be in 3.0-final and the JPA
work is now on hold, while we are finishing "Cayenne classic" tasks.

Now specifically answering your question about annotations. There is
no functionality in place to port an existing Cayenne mapping to
annotated classes. It was planned as a part of the JPA work which as I
mentioned above is currently on hold.

So please keep using Cayenne API and the Modeler. This is not going
anywhere, and in fact is being actively developed and greatly improved
in many ways in 3.0 [1].

Also a general JPA note: we are looking for volunteers to develop JPA
provider. If somebody has interest in doing that, please speak up on
the dev list. The current set of committers is simply too happy with
Cayenne API to care about JPA :-)

Andrus

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html