cayenne-user mailing list archives

From wwwebi <www...@hispeed.ch>
Subject Mapping primary keys getter methods
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:47:04 GMT
Hi,

is there a possibility to create for all objects a getter method on the
primary key fields within the process of reverse engineering ?

I have a legacy database where the primary keys are used in a similar
way as a passport no and as I need it for 100+ tables I wondered if I
could not at least get a getter method of the primary key fields during
reverse engineering. Setting it afterwards following this faq
http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/mapping-primary-keys.html is too time
consuming. I don't see even an issue only with a getter method.

If it's not possible within the modeler I would certainly like to see
this as an option during reverse engineering in the future :-)

Cheers,
Martin