cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Problems with Date in Cayenne 2.0.4
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:15:13 GMT
Didn't realize it doesn't support JDBC type in the #result. I think
you can still force it by specifying "java.sql.Timestamp" as the Java
class:

String sql = "SELECT"
    + " #result('ARTIST_ID' 'int'),"
    + " #result('ARTIST_NAME' 'String'),"
    + " #result('DATE_OF_BIRTH' 'java.sql.Timestamp')"
    + " FROM ARTIST";
SQLTemplate select = new SQLTemplate(Artist.class, sql);

Andrus

On Jan 28, 2009, at 5:05 PM, Alessio Giovanni Baroni wrote:

> A simple example?
>
> Thanks.
>

> 2009/1/28 Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
>
>> I guess that's how Oracle driver returns the metadata for the DATE
>> column
>> in the ResultSet. The workaround is to use #result() directive in
>> the SQL:
>>
>>  http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/scripting-sqltemplate.html
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jan 28, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Alessio Giovanni Baroni wrote:
>>
>> Hi to all,
>>> I have the following code:

>>> query = new SQLTemplate("SELECT FOO FROM BAR");
>>> results = ctxt.performQuery(Bar.class, query);