cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <amania...@apache.org>
Subject Cayenne 3.0M5 released today
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:21:51 GMT
Milestone 5 marks another set of major achievements for the Cayenne
ORM library. A successful GSoC project resulted in lots of very useful
improvements to the Cayenne Modeler. It is looking better than ever,
with time saving features such as autocomplete, copy/paste, syntax
colouring and much more. Cayenne core has had a host of bug fixes to
ROP and EJBQL in particular, but also fixes and new features across
many areas. Database reverse engineering is also considerably improved.

As always, continue to use Cayenne 2 if you want a stable release with
a proven history, however Cayenne 3 is in use in a number of live
commercial deployments with great success and stability. As we getting
closer to the final 3.0 release, there aren't any API changes in
3.0M5, so upgrading from 3.0M4 should be painless. We recommend all
users of 3.0 milestones upgrade to this release. If you are upgrading
from 2.x, then please read the release notes [1].

M5 Release notes [2]
Download [3]

Please send us your feedback, bug reports and feature requests. We've
enjoyed creating this release and we hope it helps you create exciting
websites, applications and tools.

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&styleName=Html&version=10120
[3] http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html