cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Anderson" <sander...@airvana.com>
Subject RE: binary and/or
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:25:25 GMT
I'm assuming you mean bitwise? Cayenne Expressions ultimately boil down
to SQL, so it should be possible to create such an expression for
databases that support bitwise boolean operations. You may want to try
Expression.fromString():
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/building-expressions.html

-----Original Message-----
From: KathyS [mailto:scarletkathy@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:18 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: binary and/or

Hi,

I'm retrofitting existing code base to use cayenne. The logic relies on
bitmaps stored in an integer field. So current code goes _if value &
flag >
0 do something_.  When I'm trying to use '&' in Cayenne expression
though, I
get exception. bitand gets exception too. Is there a way to do binary
and
/or using Cayenne?

Thanks!!
Kathy