cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "John Armstrong" <siber...@gmail.com>
Subject Hinting for datatype in Modeler?
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:07:12 GMT
Hi everyone,
  My database (Firebird) does not support boolean types. Cayenne helps
me with this by letting me use a char(1) to emulate booleans. Thanks!

  The problem I have is that I am doing a lot of back and forth in my
database design and I treat the database as authoritative rather then
using the modeler for all activities and just reverse engineer the db
into the modeler. This means that every time I regen the model this
way I have to manually set 50+ fields from java.lang.String to boolean
types.

Anyone have a tip for getting around this?

John-