cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: query_governor_cost_limit setting not working with cayenne?
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:34:09 GMT

On Dec 21, 2008, at 4:16 PM, KathyS wrote:

> Related question, if you have time. How can I hook onto connection
> creation
> in the pool? I'd love to be able to run the "set ..cost" statement
> for each
> new connection.

This is also fairly straightforward. Cayenne uses a
javax.sql.DataSource object to obtain connections. In many cases
DataSource is provided by the environment (e.g. webapp containers or
appservers) [1], so you can check the docs of you container on how to
install a custom DataSource there.

In cases when Cayenne manages its own DataSource (i.e. if you selected
"org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory" for the DataNode
"DataSource Factory" in the Modeler), you can supply your own
DataSourceFactory (also via the Modeler).

FWIW, I won't be surprised if SQLServer JDBC driver would support
passing something in the URL that would set the "cost".

Andrus

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/using-jndi.html