cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: restricting qualifiers turned off?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:26:12 GMT

On 11/11/2008, at 11:15 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

> BTW this thing will only work on the trunk, because Cay entities are
> made
> serializable in CAY-1080 and not in M4.
> I have qualifiers in all tables (deleted="0", as I've already
> explained
> somewhere). But sometimes I will need all records, even deleted ones.

That's exactly the same use-case for us, and I assume for what Lachlan
is working on now. In almost every place we want to suppress selecting
deleted records... except when we don't. Perhaps we could copy the
entire model and switch in a model without qualifiers when we need it?

Whatever the solution, disabling qualifiers could be a little bit of
trouble since it isn't something you want to do without the
programming equivalent of "are you really sure you want to do this?".
For this reason, having deleted="0" in the model is better than
remembering to add it to all select expressions, following relations,
etc.

Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001