cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: restricting qualifiers turned off?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:42:15 GMT

On Nov 11, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Lachlan Deck wrote:

> Yeah and should you share that model in a framework/lib between more
> than one app it really needs to be optional.

I really don't see how you can make it "optional". Entity qualifier is
not optional by design. It is either mapped or not.

I have a solution in mind for the "library" case - smart mapping
overrides. So that a piece of shared mapping could be modified as
needed by the downstream users, with full reuse of the library
mapping. I started developing that as I needed to customize listeners
per project, but I am sure it can be put to good use in many other
cases.

If you need both qualified and unqualified entity in the same project,
then the more I think about it the more I am convinced that a solution
is to map this as two entities.

Andrus