cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Marchal <cont...@genux.fr>
Subject Re: Using Cayenne with RCP and Birt?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:03:33 GMT
Hello,

    I am sucessfully using cayenne in a big eclipse RCP application (25
plugins), we use BIRT chart library to programmatically create dynamic
charts, and we are also integrating some BIRT reports into the RCP.

I don't know exaclty what you want to do, but BIRT can't use Cayenne
directly (you will have to develop an ODA driver to bridge the two),
it's possible but i don't see the utility, BIRT + JDBC is pretty nice
and simple.

You can see an example of BIRT using hibernate as data source here :
http://docs.jboss.org/tools/whatsnew/birt/birt-news-1.0.0.Alpha1.html
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2220

Cheers.

Laurent Marchal