cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Dave Merrin <dmer...@ipasystems.co.uk>
Subject Object Caching in 1.2
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:44:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to speed up some code I've got. I've got two connected
tables, Newspaper and Edition. Newspapers contain several editions.
Initially I get back a list of newspapers with a single query. Then I
want to get the editions for each newspaper. I use
newspaper.getToEdition() to do this. Unfortunately this results in one
query per newspaper.

To try and speed things up I thought I could get a list of all editions
back with a single query. I assumed cayenne would store them in the
object cache and save the query per newspaper problem above.
Unfortunately it doesn't.

I'm using Cayenne 1.2. Am I doing something wrong or am I just expecting
too much from Cayenne.

Cheers,

Dave