cayenne-user mailing list archives

From tmgstew...@aol.com
Subject Re: cayenne-tutorial
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:11:15 GMT
OK, Andrus.  I will check later today when I work on it.

Thx for the quick response,
Theresa

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Sent: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 8:18 am
Subject: Re: cayenne-tutorial

Hi Theresa,

On Oct 26, 2008, at 7:43 AM, tmgstewart@aol.com wrote:

> I have expanded my tutorial to create more examples using all of the
 > different Cayenne features, and am now having a problem with >
"toArtist.Artist_Name". Artist_Name is really "name", but more >
puzzling is why I cannot seem to get the "toArtist" relationship to >
work. I think it may be linked to the problems Matt is seeing.

Quite possibly. The trick is to have a foreign key in the PAINTING
table (ARTIST_ID) and connect it to the primary key (ID) in the ARTIST
table.

Cheers,
Andrus