cayenne-user mailing list archives

From tmgstew...@aol.com
Subject Request For Pointer In Right Direction (newbie)
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:12:06 GMT
Hi, All:

Background --

We have an existing (successful) product that has a VB interface.

We are changing to a Java UI, with Cayenne as the ORM interface to the
MS SQL database and Eclipse as the RCP.

We have existing automated test scripts (IBM Rational Robot) and some
manual (in text files...and probably some in the testers' minds).  You
know the story.  I want to capitalize on what is already there,
tweaking as necessary, and then supplement with my own once I
understand any helpful mechanisms that have been put into place.

I have been tasked to verify the first release of the new Java UI,
focusing mainly on the database (that the database has not been
corrupted by the new UI).

My question is this....

Where would I look to learn more about how I might use the existing
test scripts (automated, files) and create my own to verify that the
database has not been corrupted?  What are the terms?  Has anyone
blazed this path before?

I know that this is a somewhat broad question, and I will also post
onto the Eclipse mailing list (since it may involve going one layer
"outside" of Cayenne), but I'm really trying to become familiar with
tools that help me test.

Thank you,
Theresa