cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Øyvind Harboe" <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Re: Problems with MS SQL Server and creating merger tokens
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:15:37 GMT
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Tore Halset <halset@pvv.ntnu.no> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The merger get the table info using DbLoader that does a
> jdbcConnection.getMetaData().getTables() to pick up info on all the tables.
> My guess is that the database/jdbc-driver simply does not list the tables
> for your misconfigured user.

So that means that there *is* no way to distinguish between the case where there
are no tables and where the database user does not have access to enumerate
the tables?

Not even in principle?

Ouch!

I wonder how I might deal with this in my application, especially
since it is intended to
run unsupervised(or by a  user not capable of supervising).

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html