cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Stack overflow with Derby adapter
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:37:50 GMT

On 12/09/2008, at 5:50 PM, √ėyvind Harboe wrote:

> I've got an obscure bug in our app that is caused by a stack
> overflow with Derby.
>
> The problem is that 'OR' is implemented recursively inside Derby, so
> when using ExpressionFactoyr.inExp() w/a *long* list, the stack
> overflows.
>

> Can this be worked around in the Cayenne Derby adapter?

I think you may already have reported this one:

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1079

If you are able to determine the Derby maximum value, we should give
Cayenne some cleverer defaults. I looked through their docs for this a
while ago but never found anything.

Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001