cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne, XML objects and JDBC 4
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:22:11 GMT
Hi Stephen,

Yes, JDBC 4 support is not in Cayenne yet, but I'd very much love to
get it going asap.

The thing is - most of the Cayenne developers are working on Macs and
there's no Java 1.6 for older 32 bit Mac hardware, so we were slow to
jump on it (I do have a 64 bit laptop now though)...

So I am interested how did you get it going with Java 1.5 and
PostgreSQL driver? This appears counterintuitive, as the JDBC spec
classes are a part of the JRE (regardless of what PostgreSQL puts in
their driver jar), so my assumption was that JDK 1.5 is not compatible
with JDBC 4, period. Maybe I should do some experimentation when I
have more time.

Andrus