cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Winnall <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject Cayenne configuration with Maven
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:20:27 GMT
I'm trying to set up a new project using Maven. I'm new to Cayenne and
Maven. I use NetBeans 6.1 and I've managed to get everything compiled.
However, when I try to run it, it falls at the first hurdle. This is
my program:

         DataContext context = DataContext.createDataContext();
     }

It fails with the following messages:

Exception in thread "main"
org.objectstyle.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.1.2.4 October 8
2007] Error during Configuration initialization. [v.1.2.4 October 8
2007] Load failures. Main configuration class:
org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration, details:
         domain.node.name=XwRepositoryNode,
domain.node.datasource=XwRepositoryNode.driver.xml, reason: DataSource
load failed - org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory
         at
org
.objectstyle
.cayenne
.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
321)
         at
org
.objectstyle
.cayenne
.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
294)
         at
org
.objectstyle
.cayenne
.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
275)
         at
org
.objectstyle
.cayenne.conf.Configuration.getSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
212)
         at
org
.objectstyle
.cayenne.access.DataContext.createDataContext(DataContext.java:242)
         at org.vimia.xw.PopulateNst.main(PopulateNst.java:23)

I've got org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory in my
classpath by using org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-jdk1.5-
unpublished:3.0-SNAPSHOT.

I downloaded Cayenne 3.0-SNAPSHOT and built and installed it in my
local repository.

I've tried changing cayenne-log.properties to switch on debugging, but
I don't think it is being found. I get the impression that the file
XwRepositoryNode.driver.xml is not being found either. I have copied
them both manually to the same place as cayenne.xml. I know
cayenne.xml is being found because I got a different error complaining
about that before I did the manual copy.

Where do these files go? How do I tell Maven about these files so it
copies them to the right place for run-time?

Steve