cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Øyvind Harboe" <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
Subject Making columnOriginal and columnNew public
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:25:57 GMT
I need to figure out if a change to the database would cause data loss.

E.g. a user might *increase* the size of a text field and in this
case the model should be adapted to the new size. This allows
database managers some control over the database structure
from the comfort of e.g. MS SQL Manager.

If the model has a *larger* size of a text field, then I want to
update the database column to be larger.

I'm not sure I'm  a believer in an automatic way of handling
this since there could be a lot of application specific decisions
happening.

How about exposing the above two attributes in getColumnOriginal()
and getColumnNew()?

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html