cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: MySQL Spatial Data types
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:12:38 GMT
Hello.

(cc to user@cayenne so this show up in the archive)

The DB-side of your mapping should have geometry, varchar or clob as
datatype. The java-side should have
"com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Geometry" or any of the subclasses like
"com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point". Is that how you did it?

If you use a cayenne-2 or cayenne-1, then you need to register the
type, not only to Geometry, but all subclasses you want to use.
ExtendedTypeMap extendedTypes = node.getAdapter().getExtendedTypes();
extendedTypes.registerType(new WKTGeometryType(Point.class));

I hope it helps.

Regards,
  - Tore.