cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: DbMerger/MySQL compatibility
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:07:13 GMT
On Aug 28, 2008, at 19:34, Scott Anderson wrote:

> It looks like the DbMerger in 3.0M4 isn't properly detecting whether
> NULL is allowed for columns when using MySQL. Is this another issue
> that
> has already been fixed in trunk?

I do not remember. Can you try with the latest build?
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/org.apache.cayenne$cayenne-modeler-java/

Unpack cayenne-modeler-java-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and run the
CayenneModeler.jar.
(Why do we have a jar with a jar??

> Does it seem reasonable to expect the MySQL adapter to know that
> MyISAM
> doesn't support db-enforced FKs? I don't have the ability to use
> InnoDB
> on one of my target platforms, so DbMerger inevitably complains about
> the relationships every time I check the schema.

Please create a jira for this one. Is it possible to detect this via
jdbc?

It is not complete, but please log any issues you find, so we can fix
them. I normally only use PostgreSQL and Derby, so I will detect
things there first.

Regards,
  - Tore.