cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Should commitChangesToParent() call pre-persist method?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:49:21 GMT
commitChangesToParent() calls pre-persist on the parent's copy of the
object, so technically it is called once per object instance. Now I
agree that the callback mechanism was designed with no concept of
nested contexts in mind (we cloned it from the JPA spec)... I guess
once way to address the problem is to check where it is called, and
skip it either for the child or the parent context:

void prePersist() {
    if(getObjectContext().getChannel() instanceof ObjectContext) {
         // nested context
    }
    else {
         // topmost context