cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hsqldb, doubles, and precision
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:55:20 GMT
Interestingly, according to:
http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch09.html
"In table definition statements, HSQLDB accepts size, precision and
scale qualifiers only for certain types: CHAR(s), VARCHAR(s),
DOUBLE(p), NUMERIC(p), DECIMAL(p,s) and TIMESTAMP(p)"

And a little further:

By default specified precision and scale for the column is simply
ignored by the engine. Instead, the values for the corresponding Java
types are always used, which in the case of DECIMAL is an unlimited
precision and scale. If a size is specified, it is stored in the
database definition but is not enforeced by default.

But firing up hsqldb version 1.8.0.7  (or 1.8.0.10, the latest
version) and doing:
create [cached] table foo (bar DOUBLE(22) NULL);
([cached] meaning with or without the cached keyword) gives:
Unexpected token in statement [create table foo( bar DOUBLE(1].

Looking through the bug database, I didn't see anything relating to
this discrepancy, so I filed a new bug report with them.

Robert