cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: UTF-8
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:49:21 GMT
Yes, Cayenne UTF-8 handling is as good as the underlying JDBC driver
and the database. If the database supports it, Cayenne will too.

It does work fairly with MySQL. There is a known issue with MySQL/
UTF-8 (mis)handling of German umlauts. In searches "รถ" is incorrectly
matched when searching for "o", etc. The only way around that I found
was to switch the DB back to latin1 and corresponding German
collation. Nothing Cayenne related though.

Andrus