cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: DbMerger/MySQL compatibility
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:34:17 GMT
Not sure if that's helpful at all, but we have a mechanism to detect
the default table type on a given DB. See MySQLSniffer for details
("SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'table_type'"). Maybe not that helpful, as (1)
it is not using metadata, but rather a MySQL specific command and (2)
DB default doesn't necessarily means all tables will follow that. I
have schemas that mix and match InnoDB and MyISAM (for no good reason
IMO, but still).

Andrus