cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Anderson" <sander...@airvana.com>
Subject RE: Handling of database NULL - default value column to modeler?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:38:09 GMT
After switching over to using the DbGenerator and DbMerger from flat SQL
files, I see this to be of fairly major importance. Since the database
doesn't know what default values should be, I'm finding myself reworking
a fair amount of code to add these where it wouldn't otherwise be
necessary.

For something as cool and impressive as the DbGenerator is, I think it
deserves a priority higher than "someday" :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Aristedes Maniatis [mailto:ari@ish.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:00 PM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: Handling of database NULL - default value column to
modeler?

On 21/08/2008, at 3:54 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> If we are to bring this to Cayenne as a feature, I am very much in
> favor of an generic solution with the ability to define arbitrary
> metadata in the model. It has been mentioned in this thread already
> that this is a very popular request, and as usual my reply is
> "someday" :-/

Interesting. I just added a note to
https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-400
  in case we want to include this idea as part of that task. It really
isn't that hard to implement: just a question of creating the GUI that
works for different types of data (eg. compare long documentation data
to short properties).

Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001